Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell classic shopper!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
Road Pilot

I would have to say that Ground Control put some things into perspective. I am the owner of a nice bus conversion but have become real fond of the Newells over the last couple of years. I agree with the statement that an old Newell restored would be a better bet than a bus conversion. The crazy thing is that someone may take a 78 bus and turn it into a bus conversion and call it whatever year the conversion was done and this is misleading. Why not just buy a older Newell and do the same thing. You will be plenty happy with that decision and keep a lot more in your wallet. IMHO.

There was an old '67 I think on ebay that sold for around $3500 without an engine or trans and also missing some interior items. Now the guy that bought it will probably throw a chev 454 in it like another I have seen. This is fine and gives the guy a great project to work on that to him is easy to maintain. That is something I would do from time to time is do an ebay search and see what comes up. I have seen the best deals on Newell's over there. The reason being is that it is an auction one and two there are not a lot of competitive buyers who really know the coach. Something to try.

Best of Luck!
Road Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote