Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Cleaning drapery material in Newell
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Neweller

We have washed drapes on multiple occasions in some different coaches and had good luck. Only because we don't really like the chemicals used by dry cleaners. Dry cleaning is definitely easier and gives a nice ironed looking pleat if that is what you are after.

Something you need to know is what the two materials of the drape and liner are. Know if there are any shrinkage issues. On a couple of occasions we had to steam the drape material itself as it shrunk a little shorter than the backing or liner material. It was easier to re-installed them prior to steaming; holding them in place nicely while pulling downward and steaming.

We have even dyed a set a darker shade and they came out awesome. Woolite, we felt worked the best. Some people have said they used Tide, but I didn't want to chance it. I have used Tide on carpets and that is another story.

Maybe I can find some pictures. It's really sad as I lost hundreds of photo's of how to's when my computer crashed and burned a while back. I wish I would have uploaded them to here sooner.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote