Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Airstream Companion. Wow!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
Richard and Rhonda

Tuga,

I have. Rhonda and I owned a class B Roadtrek for about a year. It just was too little for two adults and two kids for even a long weekend.

If she would let me, I would buy another one tomorrow. However, just for slipping into small parks and remote campgrounds. It's really, really, really tight for even two people. No matter where you are, you are in the way of the other person.

The Class B's tend to hold their value at about a ten percent depreciation per year till they get in the mid twenties price range. The Sprinter chassis based diesels sell for a 15K premium over the Chevy van based gassers, and the used ones tend to sell for about 10K over the gassers.

It doesn't make sense to buy the diesel based sprinter. Yep, they are prettier. However, do the math using the mpg and fuel costs and you have to drive the thing a 100K miles before you make up the cost difference. The second problem is the diesel based B's use a propane generator. They go through propane quickly. Third the Chevy based versions have a lot more storage than the Sprinter based version.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote