Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Towing Advice - Jeep Liberty
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
RussWhite

Default Towing Advice - Jeep Liberty

I need some advice and tips from experienced drivers. The attached picture pretty well shows the ugly situation. Here are the numbers:
Ground to center of receiver: 9"
Ground to center of connection at the Jeep: 19 1/2"
Difference is 10" higher at the Jeep.
Maximum allowable according to Roadmaster is 3"
Coach Ride Height at bottom of the 1" railing: 12 1/2" ( I am told this is correct )

My tow bar supplier says the Safe Zone is up to 3" higher at the Jeep than the center of the receiver. So, I'm not even close!

Now I figure I cannot be the only guy that has faced this problem. What are my options? I really can't lower the front of the Jeep. I doubt there is much I can do about the ride height of the coach, but some additional clearance sounds good, but what does that do to handling and safety?
So that leaves some kind of receiver adapter - hitch receiver riser. I have found some in the 4.5" rise range, but still leaves me 2.5" shy of the minimum rise of 7".

Maybe there are adapters out there with more rise - if so please help me find one.

I was hoping to get on the road soon, but not until this is safely resolved. All advice and suggestions appreciated and considered.
Russ
Name:  LibertyInTow (Medium).jpg
Views: 158
Size:  95.1 KB
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote