Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Please Help With Our Trip Planning
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #47
RussWhite

Hi Tuga,

It's been a while since I checked out just how the interlocks work on my HWH, but I don't think it is just as simple as pressing the down buttons. This is from my memory and I will check it out again when the opportunity arise.
If you are in gear, pressing the raise/lower buttons will be ignored by HWH. To get manual control you must put the coach in neutral and then press the AIR button once. That will put it in manual mode and then you may dump air as you suggest. But, once the air is dumped if you go back into gear to move the coach, manaul mode will be automatically exited and the coach will go into travel mode. Just as soon as that happens, the level control valves will start putting air back in the bags. The exception to this is when you use the dedicated RAISE or DUMP button. If you use the DUMP instead of the four down arrows I think you can move the coach at low speed without it going into TRAVEL mode.

I'll edit this post, or repost, if I learn differently. A lot of caution needs to be used here. I think I can lower my coach until there is interference between the body and the tire. Maybe it should not be that way, but I believe it is. In an emergency, I suppose it would be better to rub the tires than rub the roof however :-)

We visited Zion today in the Jeep. There is a long ( 1.1 mile tunnel ) in the park that is marked 13' 1" in the center. Coaches over 13' and over 50,000 lbs are prohibited. We talked up a coach driver last night at the RV wash. He was driving a Van Hool and had been through the tunnel. The big difference between him and us, his clean roof top. If I didn't have the exhaust stack, exhaust fans, TV antenna, etc. I would probably gain 10 inches or so. We got quite a kick when we actually saw him at a vista point in Zion loading up all his passengers and heading for the tunnel. The only way I want to go through that tunnel is in the Jeep! Off to Moab tomorrow.
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote