Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - On My Way
Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
chockwald

Left Kingman, AZ in a driving rain storm and began a steady climb in elevation to 7300 feet where the rain turned to snow! Wow..that was the last thing I was expecting today. We had snow from just before Williams, AZ to just past Flagstaff, AZ, and then rain again until about 50 miles west of Gallup. We are in Gallup, NM tonight at the USA RV park off exit 16...very nice park that can handle long rigs like mine. A totally uneventful day....just like I like them.....had the front chassis heater on full bast for a while...it was around 30 degrees for a 100 miles. Turned on the chassis heater for the tankage, and it kept the tankage at a comfortable 50 degrees. We'll aim for Tucumcar, NM tomorrow....just before the Texas border. Got several thumbs up from other coaches passing, and a big air horn honk from a Prevost. Every time we stop people to up to ask about the Newell. Trying to keep daily mileage at just over 300....did 338 today. I'll try to post pictures, but I have a very slow connection, so we'll see!

Here is a link to a YouTube video I made of our trip today:
Attached Images

chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote