Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - front AV airflow fans and thermostats for them
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Bikestuff

Tom,

As a recovering engineer who has never done any real engineering work...I don't have any suggestions. But I do have a couple of thoughts:
1) Why did they install the fans in the first place? If you think about those heavy plasma screens generating lots of heat..there was a need to get the heat out to prevent fires. I think that is why they were installed in first place. With an LED screen generating almost no heat...not an issue now.
2) Most sensitive electronics care about heat changes rather than the absolute temperature. So...maintaining a stable (hot) temperature is better than cycling between hot and cold. And...if the entertainment equipment is off...it doesn't really matter what the temperature does.

On my coach, the plasmas were original along with the amp, so I upgraded all of the electronics at the same time. I bought the television that fit the opening in the trim piece the best.

I know that there are some real engineers on here...and they are welcome to disagree....but I am thinking about just removing all my fans. (never have heard them come on).

Cheers,
bill
Coach #653 2003 powered by C12 Cat, BMW R1100GS, FJ Cruiser
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote