Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - I have a DAVCO 382 Fuel Filter Question?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
RussWhite

I had to call Tuga! He said it's kind of hard to explain, but he did a good job and when I went back and tried his method of tightening the knob, then turning it sligtly CCW while pullling and wiggling, all of a sudden the plunger popped out for the first time in the two years I have owned the coach. I put Cynthia watching the filter - cap removed - and started pushing and pulling. There was not much resistance and not much fuel movement either. We kept at it and although it never did pump much per stroke, we eventually got the filter filled about 3/4. I then put the cap back on, started the coach, and after one minute, cracked the cap and let the fuel level fall to about 1" over the bottom of the viewing area.

I would really like to understand how this filter actually works. Where does the air trapped in the top after you close the lid go? Does all the fuel always, under all conditions, pass through the filter? Even when you cannot see any fuel on the filter media? For now, I will just have to trust that all the fuel is filtered. I think that the fact the level did not rise during the last trip is encouraging and my fuel is getting very clean.

Thanks Tuga! I am thinking my pump may not work as well as yours, but using mine will probably help, Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote