Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Engine Air Filter
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:46 AM   #17
larryweikart

Richard,

I've already installed the new filter and have disposed of the old one. We are in a snow storm tonight and I don't know if I can get to our building tomorrow. When I can, I'll try to take a pic of the installed filter. The process for installing my new one consists of completely removing both turbo pipes and then releasing the 2 straps that hold the filter tight to the sidewall flange. After that it is a tight fit to remove the filter from the brackets, but with patience (which I tend to run out of) it will come out. That's the easier part. Putting the new filter in and getting the pipes properly returned to their original position can be a bear! There is not much tolerance so they have to be pretty exact in placement. Then re-tightening all the straps wraps up the job! I believe a key to not getting too frustrated is to be certain to loosen all metal straps well so that the pipes can slide out of the rubber hoses as easily as possible. This is my 3rd replacement and it certainly hasn't gotten any easier. As a side note, I would hate to have to pay the labor costs to someone who has never replaced one in me era of Newell before.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote