Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - build me a bedroom
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #19
encantotom

status on bedroom construction. basic bed is done. laminate arrived and is ready to be put on the bed pedastal.

electric linear actuator arrived along with mounting hardware and switch.

today darlene and i went and spent hours at a custom mattress manufacturer. they would lay out different pieces of a mattress in different combinations till we found the one we like. they will make it and we will have it next saturday. we went with a high end latex. we got to try the different densities of latex and we liked the soft one. then tried different tops and liked the thickest, softest one. should be really nice. i went with 18" radius corners on the mattress to match the frame below. i know many of you have much more round beds, but i am fairly tall and wanted as much length as i could get. the mattress will be 82" long and 72" wide. kinda in between a king and cal king.

because i have cabinets at the end of the bed and only one slide, it will not be easy to walk around the end of the bed when the slide in retracted. not much i can do about that.

the bed pedastal is 12" high and with a 12" mattress will be 24" tall. exactly what we wanted.

i have a guy lined up to do the night stands to match the rest of the coach but cant get to it till late july.

the inside will be lined with gray/black trunk carpet and the outside of the frame will be covered in a laminate that is the same pattern but a medium gray instead of black like alot of the rest of the coach. it will look very nice.

the bottom of the bed has 4" pieces of UHMW 1/2" plastic that has the corners rounded. it is slippery food grade plastic that makes the bed glide on the carpet easily.

getting there.

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote