Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - A/C blowing out warm air
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
77newell

Air conditioners are really ignorant, they can't tell where the juice is coming from. If as you sat plugged in it worked fine after you thought it wasn't working fine on the road while the rear one worked fine, then I can see no reason to think it is fundamentally toast, that it's out of freon or that the AC is somehow a problem. I was initially thinking along the lines of Steve's post but I can't explain why stopping would make the filter less of an issue. Maybe it's just late here and my brain is fried, but the only explanation I can come up with is that the front of the coach is subject to more leakage of warm outside air into the cabin than the back A/C and it just can't keep up. Just occurred to me that if the filter is plugged and there is outside air getting in while traveling then what Steve suggested makes sense. I certainly would clean the filter. And I would spend some time checking for air leaks but closing everything up tight as I can, turning my vent fan on high and using incense stick smoke to look for drafts from the outside. Even if you don't find any leaks you will at least have your neighbors wondering what you are smoking in there.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote