Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Into the frozen tundra...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #40
chockwald

As it turns out, the temperature the next day in Napa only got to 42...so much for weather forecasting. We left Napa Thursday morning and continued our slide south to warmer latitudes. We landed in Pismo Beach, where, at last, temperatures never got below 40 last night. We left Pismo this morning (over 50 degrees at 9am) fully intending to drive the last 244 miles home. In a moment of weakness I exited HWY 101 at Seacliff Drive in Ventura around 11:30am, to take a break, and have a bite of lunch before the last 2 hours home. In my heart I really didn't want the trip to end.......Elaine made me a great sandwhich, and while she had her last conference call of the day I walked down to the local county RV park (Faria) to see if any full hookup spots were available....to my surprise there were 7......the rain, and continued threat of rain has, obviously, dampened the enthusiam for camping.....I walked back to our coach, and arrived just as Elaine finished her conference call, and reported what I found......it really was an easy decision.....we drove the 1/8 of a mile to to the park and pulled into space #22, and are sitting here watching the tide come in, and miracuously, the sky has cleared, and the sun is out. Does it get any better than this??? The end of our trip has been postponed one day, and we will sleep listening to the waves (about 40 feet from our coach), and/or rain if it comes again. Elaine is being blinded by the unexpected sun as she does some "work". Life is good.......
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote