Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tire Information Please
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
zcasa

Hi Pam:

I have purchased our tires from major truck tire shops. I bid them with different shops and then go with the one that I feel best about. My view is that it is better to have them mounted and balanced by the same shop that you purchase them from. For instance, I was able to get four of the six balanced at no additional charge. Be prepared that when they get the lug nuts off and check around, you might have to do some maintenance by replacing some at that time. They were very thorough and showed me any parts that were running marginally and could be a future problem. I think it pays to go to the pros and do it all at once. Newell recommends three years on the front and five on the back for tires. As previously stated, most of us do not put enough miles on our coaches to wear out the tread on the tires. Because of that, the tire shop that I used, I think it was like a GNC type name and has locations in many places in the nation, gave me $100 for each tire. There are many a truck, whether it be local delivery or whatever, that can use our tires and wear them out long after we won't or definitely shouldn't be driving on them.

Have a good day.

David
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote