Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Buying a Newell
Thread: Buying a Newell
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
encantotom

pat,

the i want list can be long and expensive, but nothing is impossible.

as for combined nav and camera monitor, it is much more difficult to do than just either. i am playing with doing some of that now but have not got it figured out the way i like yet. or i may just not do it that way. if you are not a real AV geek, you might not get what you like. i am looking at getting a raw lcd panel and tearing into it to get the triggers the way i need. not sure everyone can do that.

the 7" monitor used for high end rearview and side cameras for me is not big enough for the nav system and i am used to running my laptop for nav.

as for a drawer dishwasher, hang onto your wallet because that is going to be quite expensive and be a ton of work to put in. the cabinets will need to be reworked. and the dishwashers themselves are pricey. our new 2002 doesnt have a dishwasher and it is going to stay that way.

if you guys are able to stop here on your way home i can go over things and ideas with you. i travel a bit for work and will be in asia from the 21st of this month till the 2nd. and then in israel the week of the 11th in march.

i would also suggest that you spend some time with your coach before you start changing much. as you might change your mind. as for built in vacuums, my 2002 has one but is not as strong as a good small portable one. and the hose takes up as much space as the portable one does.

i can show you what i did on my 90 and what i have done and am doing or going to do on my 2002. you might get some ideas or give me some ideas.

like richard said, you just need experience and room in driving these babies at first.

i suspect you will find some or a number of things that need fixing or updating so be prepared for that. i would make sure that mechanically and system wise that everything is working the way you like first. then make a list of things to research and figure out the priority and importance of the things you like.

for instance, our 2002 was a hospitality coach and doesnt have a washer dryer. we would have liked to have one, but it is not a priorty so we will not add one.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote