Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New to the forum
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
prairieschooner

John and Cindy
1) We have an '82 38' Classic. Not sure about our RPM but we have the 6V92 and I think we run around 1900 at 59 Miles/Hour but I agree that the Cat 3208 could have different parameters. I try to stay between 1800 and 1900 RPM while Climbing Grades and simply shift down when needed.
2) Our Newell was up-graded at the factory prior to us getting it. We have a single Black/Gray Water Tank like the newer coaches have and it really works well. There are Valves that allow the Gray Water out while keeping the Black aboard, not sure about the capacities though. This would be helpful if you were somewhere that would allow the Gray Water to Drain off, possibly while dry-camping although we have not used it this way yet.
3) Just make sure that you Disconnect the Engine Batteries when you get where you are going so that you can at least start the Main or be able to use the Merge to start the Gen. I also carry a good set of Jumper Cables as a precaution.
The Output of the Battery Charger will determine how long you need to run the Gen to recharge the Batteries. We have an older Heart Freedom Combi Inverter/Charger and it has a rated 100 Amp Charge Rate. So we can pump power back into the batteries quickly (about 80-90% of the capacity) although you only want to use 50% of the Battery Bank Capacity.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote