Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - full timing now Is Coachnet worth the extra cost?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
Neweller

I had a Newell towed from San Diego up to a mechanic friends in Bakersfield, CA and I had the AAA insurance that only covered a 100 miles to anywhere. I made a deal with the trucking company for a cash difference of $380 which I felt was a very fare deal. The trucker new he could get another return tow without a deadhead. This guy used a semi with a wheel lift. Another time I had a 38' brand X motorhome it was hauled on a special trailer.

Jon, that was a screwed up deal on Good Sam's part (actually the whole incident was) been down a similar road more than once. I would be pretty ticked too. What if it was a persons only credit card available and he needed it for the next tow company actually doing the tow? If I ever use a company like Good Sam I will make them make sure they have it covered before they get my card number. Isn't always nice how some company's take the money instantly and refund it back several days to a weeks later. It's bs and most know it. I have owned businesses most of my life and offered a credit card service, and learned that when I give the customer an instant refund they are much more likely to come back. Sometimes you don't want them back!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote