Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Please excuse my husband, Gary...
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
consultgrg

Default Please excuse my husband, Gary...

...he's a bit forum challenged. He wrote in the Facebook topic and even though I love and admire and am constantly frustrated and made nervous by facebook, I don't think it was seen by many. Gary doesn’t even use it, so don't know WHY he posted there.

We, Susie and Gary, are most interested in buying a Newell. We've "spoken" to Tom McCloud and were this close (pinching my forefinger and thumb very tightly) to flying to Phoenix and looking at a couple for sale last weekend.

We've been checking out several but would like to drop by the Santa Fe mini rally to meet, up close and personal, some coaches and their owners. We are temporarily living in Albuquerque, NM but own a home on the Chama River in Abiquiu, NM, north of Santa Fe. (In fact, we've got 50 amp and lots of room (6 acres) if anyone is interested in heading north to Georgia O'Keefe country.)

We also used to live in Grove, Ok and visited the plant in Miami, sorry, MiamA. I remember once when we were there and they had a board listing who they were currently building coaches for and the Sultan of Brunei was listed. One of the men that worked there told us that they were sending a Newell mechanic with the coach to live there for a year. Sheesh.

We've lived in the SF area for 30+ years and know it fairly well. We previously owned a Barth, the poor man's Newell. In fact, we used to get propane from Santa Fe Skies resort. Also, a VERY nice resort in the heart of Santa Fe, Trailer Ranch, http://trailerranch.com. we never had any problem getting our 36 foot Barth, towing a car, into it. But it might be too small for the BIG ones.

We are a bit confused on the dates, however. Forest Oliver replied and said his son was coming in on the 20th, however, I have seen other dates. So when will you guys be there? You tell us that, and we'll tell you the best place to get the best, honest to goodness, lip smackin' green chili cheeseburger. Also, the best place to see what's going on in SF is santfe.org.

Thanks, Susie Richardson and Gary Gruber
consultgrg is offline   Reply With Quote