Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #135
chockwald

Brad, I apologize...we ended up staying at Tom and Darlene's so long that we are now under the gun to get to Tyler, TX, and then on to Austin, TX by the 27th. I arrived in Mesa with my tail between my legs....the cruise control had quit working, the docking lights switch melted down as we were parking, and the rear Mak valves were leaking like a sieve. Along with those issues we were going to install Tom's used Dometic Classic. In addition Tom showed me how to convert my fluorescent lights to LED lighting, so that took a few days of labor.

The solar panel brackets are mounted using a heavy duty 3M two sided tape, and then sealed with Dicor (sp?). No holes drilled in the roof for any part of the installation.

We had planned to leave Tom and Darlene's on Wednesday afternoon, but CampingWorld did not ship our item until Wednesday, so we were not able to get it until today, and that took a few phone calls to FedEx to keep it off the truck so we could go and pick it up on our way out of town. We left their home around 10am to head over to Tempe to get the CampingWorld item, and then head southeast on I-10. We only got 2 blocks when I noticed that the air pressure was over 150 psi! Bad news....I pumped the brakes to reduce the pressure as we limped back to Tom's house. I called Tom and he recommended I call his mechanic, Leo, at All Aboard America, and see what he said. Leo immediately diagnosed the problem as a defective pressure regulator. On the way back I stopped by Leo's shop on the way home from FedEx (as it turns out CampingWorld shipped the WRONG ITEM!), and bought the replacement regulator, and headed home. Tom arrived home from work just after we got home and supervised me in his work clothes while I removed and replaced the air pressure regulator....normally it is mounted on the back of the mechanical compressor, but in our case it was mounted remotely on the front wall of the driver side engine bay. We at last departed Encanto Street around 3pm and made it to Benson, AZ where we are staying at Benson I-10 RV Park for the night (Passport America) for $15 for full hookups including 50amp, and cable TV...nice overnight park! Needed fullhookups tonite to dump my gray tank so I could take a shower!

Well that's all for tonite!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote