Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Merge Switch
Thread: Merge Switch
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
jmacstack

Hi Michael, Great info! I have already replaced the merge solenoid. It's one of the first things I did when I was having troubles with the generator. The battery minder is hooked into the house batteries. Would it be better hooked into the chassis batteries? I'm still unclear..perhaps its the friday fuzz in my brain today.

Engine off, coach plugged in to shore or generator running, = merge in neutral.

Engine off, merge on, both sets of batteries will run down together.

If I am plugged into shore or the generator is running, will all batteries get charged or just the house batteries with the switch in neutral?

If the engine is running, the alternator is charging the chassis(engine)batteries regardless of what position the switch is in.

Yes I have the old style battery charger. I am looking into getting that changed. I don't want an inverter/charger, just a charger. I have 6 deep cycle marine, monster,expensive, heavy batteries in this coach. The previous owner added a few extra to run an additional inverter for the microwave/convection oven.

I will reread you reply and work it out in my brain. Let me know if any of my re-iterations on what I think you said are not correct. Thanks again and again, Jennifer
1987 Newell, 40ft #143
DD 8V92 Silver
2010 Cannondale Tandem
No Name Tandem Mtn Bike
1973 Triumph GT6
2012 AWD 4-door Mini-Cooper
3 Ford Trucks
Just another fanatical motorhead
jmacstack is offline   Reply With Quote