Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Windsheild replacement
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
jwe648

Default windshield issues My Luck---All bad

I may have posted this elswhere however here is the brief. Rocks hit windshield's. Insurance agrees to replace.. Used their suggested company Duncan RV Glass. Offices in Elkheart, Tempe and FL. First attempt using windshield's from Newell & new seal from Newell.. Broke the windshield.
It gets better I promise.. The installer said he couldn't come back as he was going Elk Hunting..OK...I'm a guy I understand. So they sent out the Top Guy.. The trainer of trainers.. He broke both new windshields.. He was nice enough to leave them in.. looked nice but cracked... Said he had to cut 7/16" off the middle cause they we're to big.. never mind that they measured exactly the same as the original.. Off to Newell for two more windshieds.. So here is the latest.. After calling a few times about the status.. The Customer service rep ask if I would take the coach to some RV shop because obsiousy there had to be something Wrong with the coach..My$$$ I suggested that it may be a skill issue and that I was fairly sure that any RV place most likley has never seen a 74' Newell much less figure out a issue..."I probally should have been a little nicer" however.. they want an insurance adjuster to come look... I have no problem with that.. However a curious note: Duncan RV Glass trains the Insurance adjusters.. I think I may have been fired as a customer...

I called the insurance company.. I still have a friend there..I think.. Going to call Newell am to see if they will install their product...

So now for the "Bad Luck" I have a very nice fellow who is waiting for me to finish playing around so he can become a Newell Owner..
He read about the rest and is choosing to own a Newell, he must be a smart fellow...

Jimmy