Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Some Bus Conversion Price Comparisons against a Newell for Example
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Some Bus Conversion Price Comparisons against a Newell for Example

Just doing some updated studying for my luxury coach repertoire of pricing and values. Came across this ad and thought here is a great example of what a like year Newell probably ought to be worth. You have a nice little bus conversion that has similar looks to a like year Newell probably a later eighties with a tag. This coach has obviously lighter duty inner wall panels and probably less expensive accessories than a comparably equipped Newell. It has a like engine and trans. Many other similarities but the price is much higher than a comparable Newell.

So, if you had a Newell like say Rellicks '87 and with the updates he has done, I think you would be arriving at a much better bargain on his Newell vs. this 1985 MCI conversion. Now in some states this MCI is going to become a current year RV. A bit deceiving, right?

Now, if a person like Keith (Rellick) took a similar year Newell coach and updated it even further with a new paint scheme and say an inline engine transplant, what is the true value when comparing to this MCI conversion? You would think at least the same, right? Or maybe more? Now I know Dave n Marjorie would be proud of me on this one and they definitely have a point with their concern for Newell Coach values. And we are really just comparing classics here. But maybe that is the catch with most of these bus conversions, a lot of folks have appeal for the bus styling. But of course if the classics raise in value the rest will surely follow. My point is as Dave stated in prior posts, these Newell's are truly under-priced or they are an extreme bargain?

Just sharing some food for additional comparison and thought here. Of course there is some serious luck with condition, timing and price with purchasing one of these jewels. Some of us have received a little more favor with regards to our coaches, but there is always another go around. Just ask owners like Yachts and others on their second or third rounds of ownership.

Here is the example I'm comparing to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCI-BUS-2012...c0dcfd&vxp=mtr
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote