Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Idling Diesel Engine am I doing any harm to my engine?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
fulltiming

It really helps to ask "why". I would not have thought about leveling being the issue. You have a significant air leak in the leveling system. I think I would start by hunting down that leak. Once I level, I can shut down my engine and the 120 volt compressor and even though the auxiliary air supply will leak down in a matter of hours, the coach will stay level for weeks. You either have a major leak that should be fairly easy to find since you are leaking a lot of air OR you have a LOT of small leaks. I would first spray the six packs (leveling valves) with soapy water to see if air is leaking out of the system there, then spray the air bags with soapy water, then the air lines from the air bags to the tanks, then the tanks themselves. If you aren't in a position to do that at this time, Forest's idea of adding/using a 120 volt air compressor to keep air in the system to keep it level would be much better than running the engine every hour or so. I am amazed that you would be leaking so much air that you are having to run the engine air compressor 50% of the time to stay level. Does the system hold air when you leave it in the travel position rather than the level position? That will help focus the most likely locations for the air leak.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote