Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - What Insurance Company Do You Use?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Narrowrd

I realize this is an old thread but I figured I would add a few more data points. I used Geico to insure my '89 but wasn't sold on the coverage. I've had a few roadside assistance claims with Geico, but nothing major. Geico wanted $1500/year, and that's with 500/250/100. So I went shopping. I heard Bluesky was legitimate so I got a quote from them, it's virtually identical to Geico but it has a diminishing deductable of 25% year each year with no claims. So if you have your first claim on year five, you save the $1000 deductable. I may switch for that and the fact that Bluesky is considered top shelf whilst Geico is mehhhh.

No insurance co will put a price on my '89. Geico wanted to know purchase price, but then they said they will pay "whatever" it costs to repair. I'm sure if it is struck by a meteor they will total it, at which point everyone gets very nervous. That's what got me shopping around, because the Geico agent couldn't give me a sufficient answer. While I don't expect them to buy me a brand new Newell, each of these is so unique and there is a lot of time spent to keep them road worthy. What I don't want is an insurance co that goes out and buys me a short bus with a cot in the back to replace my "converted" bus, you feel me?