Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Xantrex Freedom Series 458 Inverter issues
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
prairieschooner

Not so sure but what you are describing is similar to a problem that we had. A Circuit Board went out so I had to get the unit repaired. The good thing is that I had installed a Source Isolation Switch for the circuits that I wanted supplied from the inverter so all I had to do was move the selector.
Let me explain what I did here. I took the shore/inverter power into a source isolation switch that has 3 positions Inverter/Off/Shore. I then took only the circuits that I wanted powered by the Inverter (Microwave/Forward TV/Aft TV) and connected those to the Switch and the Circuit Breaker, this also helps to ensure that all power is disconnected. When the Inverter Failed I was able to choose to by-pass the Inverter.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote