Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New owner with questions
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
GORDON HUMMEL

Default Tv's

Tom,
I used cove as a description as the lights that are contained in them are labeled cove lights. Infact, I was was referring to the valance as you figured out. I was able to see the screws you referred to in my mirror, but felt, given the way a Newell is build, I expected something more elaborate.
Because I an single & travel by myself, I did not give consideration to being able to watch TV while on the road. For that same reason I did not worry about a HDMI amp.

Richard,
I had to read your post a few time do determine if you really did not like your TV or placement. I think the key to your problem is the placement & not the TV size. I did quite a bit of research, before I purchased the 42" Toshiba LCD. Most of the the other 40 & 37" Tv were very close in exterior size. Also Consumer Reports rated it as a best buy.
As to mounting, mine will protrude 2 1/2" forward from the front of the existing cabinet, and at the same angle. It will protrude 6" below the cabinet, but only in the viewing position. It will be flush with the bottom of the existing cabinet in the travel position.
Now the down side. I purchased the TV on Ebay, & it arrived with a damaged screen. I guess I'm not too smart as I purchased another one on Ebay & it also arrived damaged! It is not currently available locally so I am somewhat @ a standstill.
I purchased this Newell on Ebay, my GTO & the Eagle bus & up to that point, had not had any problems.
Richard, I point this out, as this maybe an omen to putting a 42" TV for a Newell!

Gordon
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote