Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Changing from Dometic RV Fridge to Household 110v Fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #7
encantotom

the thing with the dometic is temperature. if you live where it is below 100 degrees when you start up the fridge, i dont think there is much of an issue. it takes a day to get cold etc.

but few of you live where it is 100 degrees 100 plus days a year and this year has been over 110 for 30 days.

my fridge worked as well as any. if you look at all the specs, 50-60 degrees from ambient is in spec and 60 is a most excellently operating absorbsion fridge. if it is 110 degrees, that means your fridge is 50-60 degrees. and takes a couple of days to cool down. i have talked to camping world in mesa and the say people want to replace their fridges all the time and there is nothing wrong with them.

i will see how well the power lasts, but i cant imagine that with the defrsoter cut out that it will take any more juice than my uline icemaker. i will just turn that off when using the fridge unless plgged in or genny on.

if i need to i will add a 3rd battery.

the biggest thing wasnt specs...it was that darlene wanted a real fridge.

ok, i get it

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote