Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Changing from Dometic RV Fridge to Household 110v Fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
encantotom

i have read similar things on rv fridges but this one was outstanding.

two things stuck out at me from it. the first is what i am talking about. the very best just isnt good enough when it is really hot. and btw, 104 isnt hot. the fridge he recommends below is the one gordon put in and the same one i bought from lowes. i paid $304 plus tax including delivery.

1. One more thing -- if the outside ambient temperature is in the ‘uncomfortably hot’ range (you know - 90 degrees +), hot air passing over an already hot Cooling Unit may result in the refrigerator’s inside temperatures not reaching their designed cold temps. (Refer to Precaution # 1 above.) But, rest assured, even when it’s ‘uncomfortably hot’ outside, a properly maintained Absorption refrigerator will do its very best to get the temperature as cold as possible.

2. Comment: The best all-electric refrigerator that I have found to replace a typical RV unit (over and under doors, 60” tall and 24” wide) is the Whirlpool 9.7 CuFt Top Mount Refrigerator, Model ETOMSRXTQ. It comes in white, black, and silver colors, and is usually less than $400.00. (You can find them at Lowes (store or on-line) – they deliver and will take away the old RV refrigerator, too.) And you only have to make minor modifications to the cabinet the refrigerator fits into.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote