Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Changing from Dometic RV Fridge to Household 110v Fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #14
tuga

Default Dometic refrigerator - my reason for trading up....

My first Newell was a 1987 40'. I loved it. I liked the floorplan and the colors. The only reason I sold it was because the Dometic refrigerator was a p.i.t.a. It never worked and was a constant source of aggrevation. The main problem was the pilot light extinguishing and when that didn't happen the unit would just downright not cool down to a reasonable temp (40-45 degrees). Additionally, it could not RECOVER when the door was opened for a minute or two. Most of the time the inside temps were 60+ degrees. I kept the coach for 5 years trying every new trick to fix it; changed thermostat, thermocouples, added a cooling fan, installed a metal cover to prevent the pilot light from blowing out. Nothing worked!

When I saw the "new" Newell 2000's with a household electric refrigerator I bought one. And I never looked back.

I wouldn't own a coach with the propane/electric style refrigerator for all of the tea in China.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote