Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Changing from Dometic RV Fridge to Household 110v Fridge
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #17
encantotom

i am off to china and malaysia on monday so won't get it done before i leave.

i am very close to having the cabinet done. i had to do alot of fabrication on it as i had to tear the insides out and redo it. the last bit i have to do is cut down the drawer that is below the fridge platform. i have cut down the faceframe and now just have to do the drawer. it will be quite small so i will have to assemble it as i go to be able to get the drawer slides inside the small space.

i am changing part of my design to be able to jack the tv up in the front using the leg levelers to jam it against a 2" board i am putting at the top to hold it in.

richard clued me in on that.

i got the wiring diagram for the fridge and took it apart and easily found the defroster heater tube and will just unplug it.

i measured the new fridge and it takes 2 amps at startup and then settles down to about 1.2 amps. i measured the uline stand alone icemaker i have now and it draws 1.6amps while on. it also has a heater circuit to free up the icecubes as it dumps them.

so, in a few weeks i will post the final pictures. if anyone is in shanghai, penang or singapore over the next couple of weeks, let me know and we will hook up.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote