Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How does a Newell Coach Fair Against Other Motorhomes in a Fire??
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Neweller

Default How does a Newell Coach Fair Against Other Motorhomes in a Fire??

I spent some time studying a 1996 Newell having been totaled (total loss) from a fire that appears to had started near the right rear of the coach. If you have ever looked at fire damaged RV's (recreational vehicle's) you can tell that most burn at a very quick rate. Looking over this particular Newell and studying the charred areas up close, you can tell the burn rate was much slower than your average travel trailer or motorhome.

Some of the things most have probably overlook and apparently had helped slow down the burn rate this Newell Coach I would have to attribute to the highest quality of material and workmanship going into this high class motorcoach (RV). Materials such as 5/8" thick 7 layer or strand marine grade plywood made with stronger more fire resistant glues surfaced with a very fire resistant laminate surface finish, encapsulated with aluminum strut supports and polyurethane closed cell foam, then sheathed with thick aluminum siding. With these slower burn rate than average components and compounds, one can see that not only is a Newell Coach above par with structural integrity, but also is superior to even the above average build of coach in best of class fire resistance.

Name:  burnednewell1.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  509.2 KB
Attached Images

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote