Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wow! Nows the time to buy a Newell!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
prairieschooner

Ken,
The '82 is 96" wide, a real advantage when on back roads or where there is construction. We have stuffed ourselves into 34' spaces at state parks, yep registered as 34' because that was the longest they would accept (the guy at the gate usually has some thing to say).
We are set up well for dry-camping with the 3 solar panels on the roof and the new Blue Sky regulator. I like having the LPG heaters since we are in the coach during the winter and we use the LPG stove or BBQ for cocking. When dry-camping we do need to limit the TV although the smaller unit in the bedroom is the TV that is used. So far a week is all that we have dry-camped but all of the systems could go much longer. I will be remounting the solar panels later so that I can tilt them.
All in all I feel that our '82 is a great fit. I did spend $500.00 per tire for Goodyear Tires and would do it again.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote