Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - This is a must see video on helping get the USA back on track!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #6
Neweller

Forest that would be a great idea. Panama is on our short list as well along with Ecuador, Uraguay and a couple of others. We did have Belize, Columbia, Argentina, Chili and Possibly Peru on the list but now they have been moved down. A few years ago there were some others in Asia, Central America, New Zealand and so on.... But with more and more studying of the political, economy, weather and culture we are leaning heavily on Panama and Ecuador. I know why you like Panama because of the proximity to great diving. Both Panama and Ecuador have the best choices in weather, both have great economies. Ecuador is Pacific Ocean and has the Galapagos Islands. Both countries have nice land, coastal and mountains. Ecuador uses the US dollar, for now that is. Ecuador has lower cost housing and food. Diesel in Ecuador is only about $1.38 a gallon and similar for regular unleaded. Both have great infrastructures.

There are many other perks with these countries like great 1st rate affordable healthcare, huge retirement incentives. Ecuador for example offers many resources for 10-50% off for retirees including 1/2 price air fare originating in Ecuador. A retiree for example can fly from Quito to Miami for under $300 round-trip most of the year and it's only about a five hour flight. Some other cities are pretty reasonable too. Our thoughts are to store a coach down in Florida or Texas to use when coming back to the states. Like you said, we might not want to come back and that is an option. We are trying to decide whether or not to just cut loose of our last real estate holdings or rent our home out.

Something of importance in many of these areas is there is virtually no stress once you clear residency hurdles. Did I mention hoards of organic fruits, vegetables and fresh seafood you can sink your teeth in. And yes, even if you don't like seafood there is plenty of organic beef and bacon. Actually I was just reading that the price of beef or pork whatever the cut may be is around $2.50 a pound. There much more............

Regarding a Latin American Rally like in Panama for example; you could always be the Wagon-Master. Hint hint!
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote