Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #241
rellick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockwald View Post
The last time I updated this thread was last July.....probably time to bring things more up to date. We spent the summer in the Pacific Northwest, then in early September we began our trek to Campbellsville, Ky to work 11 weeks at Amazon.com. On the way we spent a week at Flaming Gorge in Wyoming....part of that time Matt and Connie Russo (Express1) joined us in their coach.....what a cool place. We visited friends in Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri before arriving in Campbellsville October 3rd. We had a great time at Amazon, and made many new friends.

After Amazon we headed south to Florida, stopping over for a couple of days in Rossville, GA to have our coach serviced at Choo Choo Express Garage. They are 2 stroke experts. From there we headed down to Cedar Key, FL where we spent 5 weeks right on the Gulf. Then on down the west coast of Florida to the Keys...we got all the way to Key West. Then up the east coast visiting friends. Spent 4 days at St. Augustine, then 2 weeks at Savannah, GA. We were in Savannah for the St. Patty's Day parade. We had planned to go as far north as Maine, but the weather just did not co-operate.....too cold. From Savannah we headed inland and eventually up to Ashville, NC, which is a way cool place. We spent 4, or 5 days there. Then up to Huntington, WV to visit the Entrikens (Newell owners, and good friends) for what we had planned to be a 5 day visit, but I got sick with the flu and was down for a week with that....after 12 days I felt good enough to head east to Washington D.C. We spent 5 days getting there, and then 2 weeks at Greenbelt Park just outside of D.C. ($8/day with Golden Age Passport). Washington D.C. is an amazing place to visit, and I am glad we had two weeks to see it all....we could have easily spent 2 more weeks there.....no kidding!

We left D.C. 6 days ago, and just arrived here in Indianapolis, IN at the Speedway where we will spend 2+ weeks working up to and including the INDY 500. We'll be here into early June, then head to Spearfish, SD to attend an informal rally with owners of previously owned Newells....Classics up to early 2000's.....for a week.....16-17 Newell coaches should be there, including John Clark from the Newell Factory. From there we will head into Alberta, Canada with 2 other Newell owners for a few weeks.

The Newell family is a wonderful thing, and through this forum we have met in person many other Newell owners, and become good friends. I think in the 15 months we have been on the road we have spent time with 7 Newell owners at their homes all over the country, and with Matt & Connie Russo ("express1") on the road in Wyoming's Flaming Gorge, and another couple, Forest and Cindy Olivier ("folivier") in Cedar Key for 5 days. We have had many other offers, but they just didn't work into our travel plans last year......in the next 12 months we will be meeting more Newell owners.

I would urge all of you to take time to get to know some of the Newell owners here, and meet up with them whenever you can. There is more to owning a Newell than the amazing machinery.......the friendships that came along with Newell ownership are amazing.
Let me know when you make it up to Alberta, perhaps we can meet !
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote