Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1976 Cummins 555 diesel starting problem
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
Capnted

Default Thanks...

...for the responses. Will have the valve covers pulled next service & see if the Jake brake is "low lying fruit". Turns out the brakes were WAY out of adjustment so at least I don't have to stand on them anymore. BJ always drags her foot going down long hills anyway. She's worn a hole under the passenger's seat right down to the road. It's not easy riding in that right-hand seat.

Will also try an O ring in the leveler valve. I found replacement MAC air valves for $40 each in Mpls, but while counting them I got to 10, got dizzy & had to sit down. The coach reminds me of a slow-motion camel the way it gradually sits down on its haunches. Good thing is we can get rid of the step after a few days.

Incidentally, we have a switch next to the head of the bed labeled "Compressor". I was afraid to ask what that was for--thought we might find a set of unusual tools in the drawer next to the bed or something. Called Newell service & it turned out that a 110 v. compressor was an option in '83. Ours may have been removed.

Will definitely stop & visit next time in Indiana, Hoosierdaddy. (Best nickname on the forum!)

Ted

'83 Newell with Cummins turbo. :tongue:
(Sold)

Bought a house in Florida. :bored:
Capnted is offline   Reply With Quote