Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Upgrading from my current Class A
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
77newell

Devon: welcome to the board. The good is that Newell builds well thought-out coaches using great materials mostly custom made for a particular owner. The bad is that the coaches have gained considerable complexity over the years in Newell's efforts to provide owners with all the bells and whistles they could pine for. This means there are more things that can go wrong and the cost of fixing them likely has increased as well. The ugly is that some owners just don't take proper care of their Newell coaches and even a great coach can become really messed up.

Without understanding all this 10 years ago I bought a 77 coach that continues to amaze me at what continues to work properly while at the same time I've had to invest non-trivial (to me anyway) effort and money getting it back to really nice and right. Now having understood all this, I just bought a 93 Newell and really didn't consider another brand. If your wife likes it and it has had a good owner there is no better motorhome on the planet. If your wife doesn't like it, it doesn't matter who built it.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote