Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Big oil leak in the walk in closet in 2001 coach
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Default Back to my leaking Newell

YThank all you guys for great sugestions on using epoxy , it was my next step to sela the wood floor well with some kind of Yacht/Boat Quality sealer!

What I did , I went to the coach and used my orbital power sender and took several layers of bad wood! I have used floor heater ( its mounted in perfect low spot ) & used fan to move around hot air, its drying very nice!

I noticed that one corner is quite bad since I could just peal the wood with my finger nail , it was so soft!

I looked around for more wet spots and I found one down deep uner the Fuse Panel right where the main power cables come of the box , tere is empty space there where they go right in to flooring etc, that spot is quite wet! placed there clip on type smal fan to move some air.

It looks to me like the water is coming off the roof area down the walls.
Went back on the roof on the dry day and put down more tape ( I used that fancy tape they advertize all over the net ) forgot the name now! I know is not nice looking , but again it's working! & i dont care what is my roof looks like as long as all is sealed well!

I covered entire roof month agao and missed teh very last part of the roof ) the very rear area where the two skins meet ( the rear and teh long top section) theer are about 60-80 rivets spaced about 2" apart and sealer was very poorly put on ! in some spot not at all! so, I just ran long one strip of 3" wide tape and should work well!

Another spots I am worring now since somone mentioned light , is the yellow lights run on teh sides and rear above teh rear camera! perhaps water can penetrate right trough the brackets and get in teo the coach!

Month ago we found two small water laeks in our coach , one was right in front of the fridge in teh roof area ! water would fill in the one of teh hallogen small lights, I twisted and ope the galss cover and bunch of water came out! second spot was around teh log front slide area .

After seeing all this instead using silicone , I bought 50feet of thsi 3inch tape and just taped the wholw roof, No more leaks ! accept for the last one , but again I did not finish the rear of the roof case we had 4 weeks of rainand just no dry day to work.

I am hoping we have found the last leak and hopfully will all dry out with time, Plywood or any wood top layers allways will dry fast but down deeper could take weeks or months! will keep the carpet off, heater one and watch and go fromt there & hopfully seal all with good sealant.

Thanks again for all of yours respond , this forum is amazing ! so much great wealth of information!

We love our coach and cant wait to live in it! just 3 months left!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote