Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Which is better - Aquahot, Proheat or Wesbasto's Water Heating Systems??
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemynewell View Post
I just found out from a service center in Texas that my Aqua-hot water heater is toast or not worth repairing. So that being said, a complete new unit is in order. I've been quoted $10,695.00 installed for a new replacement. Another shop I spoke with suggested going with the Wesbasto's unit for better savings and performance. While doing a small amount of research I find out there is a third option by ProHeat. I'm really kind of leaning away from the Aquahot system, it has not been ultra friendly to us since we have owned our Newell. Prefer some unbiased opinions here if possible.
You should probably add some information to your signature line letting us know what year your Newell is to enable more knowledgeable responses. That said, I have a ProHeat installed in my '86, but all it does is heat and circulate my antifreeze. Granted it is circulated to warm the engine, heat the water in my hot water heater and provide heat to the coach. I'm not familiar with all the functions of the Aqua-hot in your unit but if mine does everything that yours does...it does it a lot less expensive that your quote.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote