Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Goals for the retired life and fulltiming
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
77newell

My wife and I have been retired 12 years. Our initial thought was travel, exploration and determining where, other than in chilly, wet and cloudy Michigan, we would live. We used the motorhome to explore all sorts of places just for fun and to see what it would be like to live there. Gradually it dawned on us that living where one of our kids lived would be a most desirable choice so: ta-da we live in Michigan and near Detroit no less. Our needs for consistent and close relationships directed us to buy a residence and develop those relationship. I would love to full-time but we both need the type of relationships that we aren't capable of having while full-timing. A few years ago the granddaughters appeared and we just need to be around them regularly or an ache develops.

But we have another married son in another state, a warmer one thankfully. We are exploring the idea of using the motor-home as our home there 3-4 months of the year (the good months weather-wise) instead of staying in temporary housing or renting a place that would be mostly unused. Our investment in the motorhome then does triple duty: travel with grandkids, a place to stay near the second son, and travel for us.

As you can see we learned as we've gone and found ways to use our coach in support of our choices. More than anything my perspective is: expect to be surprised and then you won't be when you are, and remember that when you get let go from retirement there is
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote