Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Auxiliary Toad Brakes
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrench45 View Post
I pull a Hummer H2 behind my coach and I can never feel it. However I did my a Roadmaster break system because when you stop, all the weight of your vehicle pushes up against your towbar. Ive had my towbar for 5 years, and due to that fact that I didn't use a brake system, it is now worn out. Another reason, on a trip home from Newell, one of my pins fell out. I was lucky no damage was done, and I didn't hurt anybody. For around $1000, I felt it was a good investment to satisfy the law, and for my own safety.
Reading about a pin falling out reminds me of what happened to a buddy of mine.

A friend of mine stopped at a truck stop for lunch and when he walked back to his MH he jumped in and drove off. About a mile down the road he noticed the tow vehicle was weaving right and left and when he applied the brakes it slams into the rear of the coach. Someone at the truck stop had REMOVED HIS PINS! Just to be mean I guess! He had over $30,000 worth of damage to his Prevost! And 2 of his pins were gone!

It's always a good idea to do a walk around and visually inspect everything before you drive off: tires, tow bar & pins, awning latches, etc.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote