Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Please Help With Our Trip Planning
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
tuga

Russ,

We love the Western US. The Rockies are second to none!

Coming from Tennessee I would recommend I-70 thru Kansas and then into the Denver area. I don't know what you two like but Breckenridge (Tiger Run RV Resort) is nice if you can handle the altitude (9800' ASL). From Breck you can go to Creede or Pagosa Springs (Wolf Creek Run RV Resort) or Durango (Alpen Rose RV park). From the Durango area you can visit Silverton/Ouray. Matt Russo and Ron Skeen crossed the continental divide by 4 wheeler (you can rent one). They left from Ouray and rode trails over the CD down to Telluride. Matt said it was a beautiful ride.

Utah is gorgeous - I was really surprised when we drove thru the state. Bryce Canyon NP, Archers NP, Zoin NP, and Lake Powell are some of the coolest parts of the state. If you are into geneology, go to Salt Lake City and browse thru the Morman ancestory records. If you head north you can visit Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP (Grizzley RV Park).

I don't know how much time you plan to travel, but this itinerary should take about 3 weeks. Glacier NP in Montana is the most beautiful NP I have ever seen. The Going to the Sun road is at the top of the list. Awesome!

Hope this helps some.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote