Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Michelin 365 tire upgrade newell and prevost coaches?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
NewellCrazy

The information below is direct from the Newell Factory on this:

365 Tire Upgrade

Starting with Coach 1230, the standard equipment for front and tag-axle tires was upgraded from metric size 315 to 365.

The 365 tire offers the following improvements:

Increases the weight-capacity rating from 9,090 lbs. per tire for the 315 to 10,500 lbs. per tire for the 365.

Reduces the recommended inflation pressure from 130 psi for the 315 to 120 psi for the 365. This results in a smoother ride.

Raises the approved maximum cruising speed from 65 mph for the 315 to 75 mph for the 365.

The Newell Service Department has developed upgrade packages for previously built coaches to replace the 315 tires on the steer axle with 365 tires. The scope and cost of this retrofit vary, depending on when the coach was built. That’s because some suspension designs require only new tires and wheels, while others also require new wheel hubs and fender modifications. Coaches with the Porsche-design front styling (one-piece windshield) also require some body modifications.

In my own opinion I don't think I would consider this upgrade for only the ride benefits, but what becomes a tough decision is when someone can stay within the published safety specifications by keeping proper air pressure and sustaining a reasonable cruising speed with routine replacement intervals. Maybe someone will eventually come up with a wheel that will fit the larger studs on some of the Newell Coaches. Neweller - are you listening?

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote