Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - build me a bedroom
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
encantotom

today forest and i did some real demolition and more disassembly.

we took the rest of the side panels off and cut out the bad sections of wall board and floor. it is clear that the window leaked at the bottom corners as there was no water marks above the radius of the bottom two corners. we used a multifunction tool to cut it out. worked great and no dust. cleaned it up, scraped off the top mildew and sprayed it down with white vinegar. am letting it set now with a fan running. the insulation was wet and we had not had a rain in weeks. wet just at the bottom right corner.

having it all apart will help me design the bed especially since i know no where the hydraulic ram is for the slide and will make an access panel for it under the bed. i know it looks like a mess, but it really is no big deal. putting in the new wood will be a piece of cake and i will find the leak first and repair it. besides it never rains in arizona....

forest is a great help so will be sad to see them leave next week. (besides they are fun to be around).

i will get the wood cut and in next week and bed designed and hopefully will get the cabinet guy to start on the bed and nightstands.

btw, from these pictures you can see that wallpaper can hide alot of stuff. if i had not pulled the wallpaper back where it was peeling a little, i would not have seen all the water damaged wood.

later

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote