Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Dash heating A/C controls fix
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
encantotom

i installed the new switch and cable yesterday. the heater works like a champ. only thing is the boden cable wasnt exactly the right length, so the slide lever only goes over about 3/4 of the way when the slide valve to pass water to the front heater core is completely open. no big deal.

the vacuum lines i had to repull i must have put a kink in them as the defrost and vent doesnt activate now, so i need to put a vacuum pump on them to see where the problem is. easy to do. if they are kinked i will just get some new lines and run them. i left a pull line from the dash to the plenum in case i needed to ever run anything else.

what started all this was to find out why my coolant wouldnt heat my hot water heater. i believe the hoses were reversed from what i could trace out for the hosing diagram. i switched the hoses. man, that is easier said than done as even though i double clamped off the hoses and released the pressure at the radiator, i still had a mess of coolant come out. it went everywhere. especially when i couldnt get one of the hoses off, so i had to cut it. i got it done and had to add about 3 gallons of antifreeze to the radiator.

i ran at fast idle for 20-30min and the hot water heater was starting to heat the water with the heat exchanger from the coolant. the water temp was about 55 degrees, so i am guessing that it would take a while to really heat the water. it raised the water temp about 15-20 degrees i estimate.

in preparation and hope of it now heating the water, i bought a watts 70a tempuring valve to control the output temp of the hot water heater. michael says his get wayyyy too hot when heated with the engine. i got it for 20 bucks shipped on ebay and it arrived yesterday. so i need to figure out how to hard plumb it in now. not much room there to do it and i have solid copper plumbing, but will figure out how. i dont want the grandkids to get burned.

checking the coolant level reminded me the sight glass on the radiator (simple and cool feature) is not very visable (like stained from the inside) so been shopping for one. it is a 1" NPT male sight plug. they are more pricey than i would have expected.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote