Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Radio's blasting and the birddog's on
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Richard and Rhonda

Default Radio's blasting and the birddog's on

With all due respect to Mr Steve Earle and that line from Guitar Town. If you don't have it, get it, it's always a good tune to put on as you pull out of the drive.

The bus is loaded with the bikes and victuals, and my Texas buddies will join me in the morning for a 1100 mile jaunt from Fort Worth to Lenoir NC, the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains. We're doing a little ride called Bridge to Bridge, the course description is "105 miles of pure hill". 11000 cumalative feet of climbing. I hope I don't overheat my own engine on some of the passes :-) Maybe Tom could ride along side me with those misters he's been playing with.

We're picking up an old cycling buddy of mine in Georgia, and a another cycling buddie I rode with when I lived in Virginia is also meeting us there.

Can you tell I'm stoked?

This was always a fantasy of mine. To have the health and some sort of rig to tour the country with my bikes and backpacking gear and just follow the weather. So this is the inaugural trip of the bike experience. None of them have a clue about traveling in the coach. It should be quite a trip. No, I don't know why it takes a 20 ton rig to carry a 17 pound bicycle or a two pound backpacking tent.

Yeah, I know I've started my retirement fantasy early, but honestly, I'm more concerned about running out of time than money. I think I can make more money, but I'm not so sure about more time.

I'll report back and post pics of the effort.
Attached Images

CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote