Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #117
chockwald

Made a run to Hei Tek in north Phoenix to buy suspension solenoids for the rear air suspension today (2 + a spare - Steve, they cost $40 per and they have 12 in stock until tomorrow when I buy 3 more), along with numerous other stops at AutoZone (replacement bulbs for running lights that had burned out), Home Depot to get things needed to replace our fluorescent light fixtures with LED lights, Radio Shak for 18 gauge stranded wire for the LED installation, Parker Hose Supply for air fittings. We left around 11am, and got back home around 3pm. I was able to replace the cove lights in the bedroom (totalling 8 fluorescent fixtures, each with 2 18" tubes) with LED's in about an hour's time. About the time I finished up that project Tom arrived home from work and we promptly began working on replacing the two ride height solenoids. Took a couple of hours, and then we turned the coach back on and it aired up in about 2 minutes....used to take 8-10 minutes! Then we lowered the coach down again to raise it again and 3 and the 4 remaining original solenoids started leaking air....guess they didn't like being jostled and banged around while we replaced the others, so it's back to HeiTek tomorrow morning for 3 more (already having to use the spare I bought)....not going to wait for the 4th to go!

By the time we figured out what was wrong it was after 9pm, so we didn't eat dinner until about 9:30pm, and sat talking and laughing with Tom and Darlene until almost 11pm. Well, it's time to hit the sack....a lot to do tomorrow, and Friday, and Saturday.....Saturday we will swap out our fridge with the one Tom took out of his1990 Newell....by the way, we went over to the storage yard last evening to see the LED lights in the 1990 that he installed in......they are wonderful. Then we went back home and Tom gave me a tutorial on how to covert the single ceiling LED fixtures. I am now an expert in soldering and LED light installation!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote