Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Brand New... Vintage, 1968, Newell Coach owner
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Re-Phil

Location: Striving to live a nomadic lifestyle... But,official residence still Central Florida

Guys... Thank you for your input. I do appreciate you're input.

This coach is amazingly in good working order. I'm sure I'll find lots of items that will need to be replaced, but... I keep getting surprised by what does work. I expected much less. : )

As for the conversation about maintaining originality... soo much of this vehicle is original... the kitchen is 100% original... the bathroom/shower is original...the rear bedroom area is original... and, the living room area & driver's seat area is virtually original. I do not want to take away from it's originality, but... I do want a coach that I can live and travel in comfortably.

The bedroom area is still the couch / bunk beds suspended from ceiling with chains type thing. If you know what I mean. I think of what one of my best friends says about his fifth wheel... "it is setup to entertain 6, feed 4, and sleep 2". I kind-of agree with that. I am a single guy, with gf & all, but... no children. I do not really need a lot of sleeping areas. I'd like to convert the back area into a single queen size bed centered in the back. Or... I would really like to learn just what conversions they had for the bedroom area in 1968 ( cushions down the middle & etc. ).

Tell me what y'all think...

Thanks,

Phil
Re-Phil is offline   Reply With Quote