Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - used 2005 newell coach
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
folivier

Tire checking is small cracks in the sidewall usually near the rim. This is a good indication that ozone has done some damage to the rubber.
Most tire manufacturers say to change tires around 7 years, Michelins says their tires may be good up to 10 years, but should be checked by a tire dealer yearly.
I've also run across people who claim since their coaches were stored inside the age doesn't matter. I'm not comfortable with that and believe what the manufacturers say that driving keeps the rubber components in the best condition.
When we bought our 1993 the dealer had the front tires replaced. The tire dealer put on 10 year old "new stock". I spoke with someone at Michelin and he said he would never accept 10 year old tires regardless of whether they were new or any other condition. The dealer changed the tires.
Figure the cost of tires in your offer because in my, others, and Newells opinion the tires should be replaced due to age. Newell says every 4 years on the fronts!
What is the age of the batteries? That is another big cost item that you may need to replace soon if they are original.
Good luck!
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote