Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How about a 47' foot Newell Coach, Can it be handled?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #14
greatriver

I agree. I really don't think the added length would be an issue from the standpoint of drivability. My comment about the impact on resale was on the legal issue and making a major investment into a coach that is by the letter of the law illegal to drive in most states. The law doesn't seem to be enforced but still but still it would make you think twice.

I seem to remember that I saw some Newell information that said they would build a coach longer than 45' for out of country customers. I may be wrong and if so I stand corrected.

A couple of years ago there was a beautiful 47' Newell on ebay I believe. It may have been the one Michael made reference to. Anyway it was in a resort in Naples, FL but I noticed the tags were Montana. I know a lot of folks register their coaches in Montana for tax reasons by setting up a small business there. However, it may also address the length issue since Montana allows 47' and longer I believe.