Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Goodyear or Continental?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
77newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Yeah Matt, shopping on the road ain't much fun. The tires could probably go a lot longer but we're headed down Hwy. 90 to Big Bend and it'll be a week before we get back to I-10. I'd rather not have tire trouble down there in the boonies. On another note during my walkaround I saw a little bit of antifreeze on one of the big cooling hoses. The hose looks good, antifreeze was around the top of it so I tightened the clamp and will watch it for a while. Doesn't look like I lost any coolant.
For a year or so I had small amounts of coolant showing up on the top of the big hose where it connected to the bottom of the water pump on the engine. What I didn't realize is that it was the water pump seal leaking and the coolant running down the outside of the pump inlet and collecting in top the end of the hose. I kept trying to get the clamps to provide a better seal until the water pump seal started gushing and it was obvious where the leak actually was. If coolant is collecting on the top end of the bottom radiator hose where it connects with the water pump it may be that the coolant is running down rather than oozing up.

Jon
77 Coach 6V92T, Civic Toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote