Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 8
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #26
Neweller

A
841 11/28/2002 7:42:18 AM 11/28/2002 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Gas Furnace In the Newell Service Department, when required, we replace the original equipment Duo-Therm LP furnaces with an Attwood Model 8516, Newell part number NC-23425. This change also requires a exterior door assembly, Newell part number NC-23427. We have a lead time for ordering these parts of about a week. The parts cost about $500. We recommend this conversion be done by a qualified technician. The hydronic system John Clark suggests in the previous message is definitely a significant upgrade from propane furnaces. We would recommend the Aqua Hot system, which is a complete "kit" and uses a Webasto boiler, over buying a Webasto boiler and then buying the rest of the system piece by piece. The complete Aqua Hot system is well engineered and the components are well matched. It will provide three zones of heat, and the propriatary Newell version includes a 220 volt electric mode. ("Non-Newell" Aqua Hot systems use only 120 volts on electric mode, and this will do little more than "take the chill off--it is not adequate freeze protection.) But either approach to hydronic heating, Webasto boiler plus buying the rest of the pieces, or the complete Aqua Hot system, is going to carry a pretty hefty cost of materials, and lots of labor. By comparison, converting to the Attwood furnaces is relatively quick, relatively inexpensive, and it will keep you warm.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote